ONE OF THE AGENCIES I COMPLAINED TO ASKED IF I HAD SENT YOU A LETTER OF COMPAINT AND I MARKED YES.CONSIDER THIS THAT LETTER.

August 26, 2017 I am a 63-year-old recently widowed, disabled mother/grandmother who is raising a 16-year-old grandson alone. DO NOT BUY A USED CAR FROM: Gerald Horne A & A Automotive 1620 State St. Florence, AL 35630 CONFIDENTIAL This man sold me a 2009 Pontiac G6 GXP on July 17, 2017 for $6,000 that he bought at an auction that had been wrecked He told me he would fix everything that needed fixing on the car to make it drivable and acceptable before I bought it, even saying he would provide an oil change. On July 17, 2017, he delivered car to my home.

Car LOOKED pretty good except for the two back chrome (hed told me chrome but they are plastic) rims. They were scratched really bad. My grandson checked the oil and it was quite low, dirty, and dark. I contacted Mr.

Horne and told him I was not happy with the scratched rims and that he needed to perform the oil change he had promised. He said he would replace the rims and perform the oil change. He picked up the car that day or the next day, which would have been July 18, 2017. On July 20, 2017, he delivered the car to the Florence, AL YMCA where my grandson was playing basketball and my grandson drove the car to our home, which is close to downtown Florence.

[The rims were still the same. He said he could not find any more used rims and would have to order new ones. I told him OK. He has yet to provide those new rims.] WE DID NOT CHECK THE OIL AT THIS TIME, AS HORNE HAD GIVEN HIS WORD THE OIL WAS CHANGED AT THIS TIME, BUT I DO NOT KNOW IF THE OIL WAS CHANGED OR NOT, AS HE SAID IT WAS.

REMEMBER, UPON INITIAL DELIVERY, OIL WAS CHECKED AND WAS QUITE LOW, DARK, AND VERY DIRTY. Grandson then drove car with me in it to a gas station downtown so I could fill up gas tank. He then drove car to our home. Around 5:00 p.m., he drove car to the Florence Mall.

He left mall at approximately 9:00 p.m. and went to North Florence McDonalds for a Coke. When he turned onto North Wood Avenue, he inadvertently turned left, going North, instead of turning right, going South, toward the area we live in. He realized this right away and began to look for a place to turn around.

Just as he got in front of Florence Baptist Church, driving the speed limit, the car began to violently shake; smoke began boiling out from under the front and sides of the hood, such that even with the windows rolled up due to the air conditioner being on, my grandsons glasses fogged up. The more he pressed the accelerator, the slower the car went. It went down to 20 MPH and then he WAS FORCED TO TURN IT into an arc or curve such that the front tires were resting on the curb in the oncoming traffic lane right in front of Florence Baptist Church. This is when the car quit completely.

IT IS GODS MIRACLE THAT GRANDSON DID NOT GET KILLED AT THAT MOMENT BY ONCOMING TRAFFIC!!!! He got out of the car and then went back for the keys and tried to crank it. It would not crank. HE NEARLY GOT KILLED BY ONCOMING TRAFFIC AT THIS POINT!!!!

He got out and called the Florence police and then called me. The police came right away and I phoned Mr. Horne immediately and told him what had happened. He said he would send a Horne Towing truck.

I left and went where my grandson was. My grandson and I were both very, VERY upset, stressed and frightened. We did not ever see a Horne Wrecker & Towing truck at the site of this incident. THE POLICE, MY GRANDSON, AND I ALL SAW SOME KIND OF FLUID THAT HAD LEAKED ONTO THE ROAD FROM WHERE THE CAR BEGAN ACTING UP ALL THE WAY IN AN ARC OR CURVE TO WHERE THE CAR CAME TO BE RESTING WITH THE TWO FRONT TIRES AGAINST THE CURB IN THE ONCOMING TRAFFIC LANE.

MR. HORNE NEVER ONCE TRIED TO COME TO THE SCENE OF THE INCIDENT AND DETERMINE WHAT THIS FLUID WAS NOR DID HE SEND ANYONE WHO COULD DISCERN THIS. HE LATER STATED, WHEN I TOLD HIM THE FLUID WAS THERE, IT DID NOT COME FROM THIS CAR. (SO AS TO MAKE ME OUT TO BE A BALD-FACED LIAR.) I SAID, YES, IT DID, WE ALL (POLICE, GRANDSON AND MYSELF) WITNESSED IT AND THE POLICE COMMENTED ON IT AND THE TOWING WORKER PUT SOMETHING ON IT OUT OF A HUGE PAPER OR PLASTIC BAG TO COVER IT UP.

THIS COULD HAVE EASILY BEEN MOTOR OIL AND IF SO, THIS CAUSED THE ENGINE TO BLOW. The police had called ________ Towing. The towing service that was on call that night came to scene of incident. I told the towing worker that Horne Towing was coming, but he said: NO MAM, WHEN THE POLICE CALL, WHOEVER IS ON CALL AT THAT TIME COMES TO GET THE CAR.

He said he could either take the car to my home if I paid him $100, or he could take it to the company yard and Mr. Horne could pay the $100 the next day and get it out. I said, let Mr. Horne pay the $100 and get the car back.

(At this point, I had paid $6,000 for a car that was supposed to have EVERYTHING fixed on it, but everything was not fixed on it, so I wasnt about to pay $100 more! Again, I am a recently widowed, disabled grandmother who is on a fixed income!) Mr. Horne did get the car the next day and took it to Horne Wrecker Services. He then had the NERVE to complain about having to pay the $100 to get the car!

I would imagine Mr. Horne is a millionaire perhaps several times over. I could not believe he complained about having to pay $100, especially when it was his fault the car malfunctioned in the first place! I CONTENT HE KNOWINGLY SOLD ME A CAR WITH A DYSFUNCTIONAL/BAD ENGINE.

THIS IS THE SAME CONCLUSION 99% OF MY FAMILY AND FRIENDS HAVE COME TO, ALSO. Horne called me on July 21, 2017, saying that hed had two trained technicians (I never knew who exactly they were) to look at the car and they told him the engine had been raced or the engine was revved or as the car was going backwards, it was stomped into drive. One of the technicians said there was no way to computer test the car to see what had happened. (HOW VERY CONVENIENT FOR MR.

HORNE!) Horne said IT IS OBVIOUS THE CAR HAS BEEN MISTREATED. I told him my grandson had done no such thing(s). My grandson looked me in the eye 4 or 5 different times, held my gaze, and unflinching, said as God was his witness, and swearing on his future career and on the lives of his future children, he DID NOT RACE, REV, STOMP NOR IN ANY WAY POSSIBLE MISTREAT THE CAR. I believe my grandson.

(My grandson has always been raised in the city near downtown Florence and does not even know of a road you could race a car on. He DID NOT mistreat this car. He is almost afraid to do the speed limit when driving; several adults with whom Hayden has driven have noticed this.) Horne said the car engine was blown and needed to be replaced. Even before this point, I had quit trusting Horne and so, had my grandson call a family member to help us find an engine and a mechanic who could put it in.

(Horne told me at this point he would sell me an engine for $800. I said, no thank you, I do not trust you.) I paid $6,000 for the car. I paid $1,645 for a used engine. I paid $515 for a mechanic to put the engine in the car.

I paid $90 for a new key fob (the one that came with the car did not work thanks to Mr. Horne, as he did not replace it as promised.) I paid $90 to put a tire sensor in the left front tire (thanks to Mr. Horne not replacing it as promised.) Now, an oil pan crack has been diagnosed and the used engine seller (a different businessman) will not honor the engine warranty, and so charged me $60 for an oil pan. I must pay a mechanic $575 to put the oil pan in, to put in an oil pan gasket, and to change the oil.

THIS WOULD NOT HAVE HAPPENED IF MR. HORNE HAD NOT SOLD ME A CAR WITH A BAD ENGINE IN IT, THAT LITERALLY IS A PIECE OF GARBAGE, IN THE FIRST PLACE. The total amount over and above the $6,000 Horne charged me for the car that I will have put into the car that was supposed to have everything fixed in it at the time of the sale is $2,965!! SINCE I PAID $6,000 FOR THE CAR, THIS IS A TOTAL OF $8,965 OR NEARLY $9,000 I HAVE IN THIS CAR, WHICH IS STILL NOT DRIVABLE!!!!

(My grandson is driving MY car to school & back, thanks to Mr. Horne.) Mr. Horne is a member of a church in Florence where he is generally thought to be a fine CHRISTIAN man. No true Christian would ever conduct a business deal like this.

The truth of the matter needs to be made known. WHAT I WANT IN ORDER TO RESOLVE THIS IS FOR MR. HORNE TO PAY ME $8,965 WHICH IS WHAT I WILL HAVE INVESTED IN THIS PIECE OF *** CAR (ABOUT WHICH HE SAID EVERYTHING WILL BE WORKING ON THIS CAR BEFORE YOU BUY IT AND EVERYTHING WILL BE FIXED ON THIS CAR BEFORE YOU BUY IT) ONCE THE MECHANIC PUTS THE OIL PAN IN NEXT WEEK. THIS IS WHAT MR.

HORNE HAS CAUSED ME TO SPEND ON A WORTHLESS PIECE OF JUNK THAT CANNOT BE DRIVEN!!!! THAT EVEN AFTER THE USED OIL PAN IS PUT IN, I WOULD NOT DARE!! LET MY PRECIOUS GRANDSON DRIVE BECAUSE I KNOW 100% THAT THIS CAR IS A VERY DANGEROUS CAR THAT IS GOING TO KILL OR SEVERELY DISABLE/MAIM MY GRANDSON POSSIBLY FOR LIFE AND IS VERY OBVIOUSLY GOING TO DOLLAR ME TO DEATH. IN THE WORDS OF ONE OF MY SONS: YOU DID NOT BUY A CAR FROM A USED CAR SALESMAN, YOU BOUGHT A CAR FROM A TOWING COMPANY.

I THOUGHT MR. HORNE, BEING A CHRISTIAN MAN AND A MEMBER OF MY (FORMER) CHURCH AND SUPPOSEDLY BEING MY FRIEND AND SUPPOSEDLY CARING ABOUT MY GRANDSON AND I, WOULD NEVER!! CHEAT ME AND CONDUCT A DISHONEST BUSINESS DEAL WITH ME. I THOUGHT HE HAD MY/OUR BEST INTEREST AT HEART, ESPECIALLY SINCE I AM ALL ALONE AND HAD NO ONE TO HELP ME IN NEGOTIATING TO BUY THIS CAR.

OBVIOUSLY, THAT IS NOT THE WAY IT WAS NOR IS. SIGNED: ________________________________________ Beth Davis 410 N.

Walnut St.Florence, AL 35630

Review about: 2009 Pontiac G6 Gxp Car.

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

I didn't like: He sold me a car with a bad engine, He was dishonest, He knew car had bad engine, Sold me car with bad engine, Dishonest salesman, Cheated me out of money, Engine blew first day driven, Piece of garbage car.

Had an Experience with Horne Salvage?

Comments

No, the case is not resolved.

I have exhaustively explained in minute detail what happened, but Gerald Horne refuses to see that he sold me a defective car and that he is at fault here.

So he can continue to cheat people and lie to people about the cars he sells!

HE will have to answer for that someday to Almighty God, not ME.

It is a crying shame I had to pay out THOUSANDS of dollars on this piece of junk car and that he pocketed $6,000 out of those thousands.

Eastern religion says: KARMA IS A B***H Christian religion says: YOU WILL REAP WHAT YOU SOW.

I heard a pastor preach on this verse once and he also added: YOU WILL REAP MORE THAN YOU SOW and YOU WILL REAP IT LATER THAN YOU SOW IT. Your day is coming, Gerald Horne!

Your pocket-book will be raided by a dishonest person or persons!I'd be looking over my shoulder both day and night if I were you!